Thursday, May 22, 2008

Welcome to my new blog!

I decided to start a new blog to document my experience cooking recipes from How To Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman.

Why another blog?

1) I LOVE Mark Bittman (I read his Minimalist columns in New York Times, watch his videos, and enjoy his shows on PBS)
2) I never use cookbooks and instead make up my own recipes. This will be a fun and new way to answer "what's for dinner?"
3) This will be a theme-specific blog: nothing about shopping, jewelry, flowers, etc, but don't be afraid! You'll still be able to read about these topics in my original blog.
4) No, I'm not going to be a vegetarian: I love meat and fish too much. But with the prices of food going up, it would not hurt to learn a few new vegetarian dishes.


I ordered the cookbook today and will start posting as soon as it comes! Check back soon :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Bittman fan, too. So are millions I suspect. What a clever idea to do for Mark what Julia did for Julia. ;-)

With people becoming more food-conscious, encouraging them to enjoy the simplicity and healthfulness of vegetarian whole foods is a good thing! Nice work!