Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Red Pepper Vinaigrette

I haven't cooked Bittman's recipes in a week! Today I spent quite a bit of time deciding which recipe to make and randomly chose Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Red Pepper Vinaigrette.

Ingredients and Directions:

1) Roast peeled and cubed sweet potatoes coated in a bit of oil and seasoned with salt and pepper
2) Puree a red pepper, cumin powder, orange zest, olive oil and red wine vinegar to make a vinaigrette
3) Combine roasted potatoes with the vinaigrette, minced parsley, sliced green onions and minced jalapeno. (Optional: add raisins; I did not)

vinaigrette

The Salad


Thoughts: good thing I like sweet potatoes and that this recipe turned out awesome, because there is a lot of it! I think next time it would be beneficial to roast the red pepper before pureeing it in the vinaigrette.

No comments: